Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More Things of Which I Can Do 10

I started this blog by making the small step commitment of doing 10 pushups a day. With the exception of when I had the flu, and more recently a cold, I’ve kept that commitment and seem to be getting some results.

I’ve been thinking about other small steps I can take to improve my health. Since increasing my activity feels manageable to me (as compared to tackling my eating habits), I’ve thought of some other small steps I can take. I can do 10 squats and 10 crunches. I’m adding this to my daily 10 pushups.

This commitment still amounts to less than a minute of exercise a day. The idea is that I am, and you are, more likely to stick to a very small change, and those changes, expanded and added to, consciously and unconsciously, over time, will bring about big results.

No comments:

Post a Comment