Monday, February 2, 2009

Progress Report

At the beginning of the year, I committed to take one small step to improve my health. My small step was to do 10 pushups a day. I’ve done this every day except for a week when I had the flu.

Part of making successful change is not getting too wrapped up in results. That I’ve done what I committed to do and will continue it is a success. The bigger successes are built on these little ones. I already think the practice of the pushups is changing the way I think about exercise and eating.

Since this blog is called small steps BIG CHANGES, I do feel some obligation to address the changes. In January, I lost 4 pounds and 0.25 inch of my waist. At that rate, I’ll need 2 years to reach my ideal weight. Even so, I’d rather make incremental changes that last than quick changes that don’t. I’ve updated the chart from my first post to show my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment