Friday, March 20, 2009

Celebrate the Little Things

Most of what I’ve written about on small steps BIG CHANGES have been about making commitments to small changes and the experiences I’ve had following through on mine. I think it’s also important to acknowledge our small successes.

If you’re like me, you probably have a really big goal in the back of your mind, even if you’re focused on doing the little things you feel you can easily do. Your small steps are still steps toward that big goal.

It is easy to think that we haven’t succeeded until we’ve reached that big goal. However, every step we take in the right direction and every positive result we get along the way is a success worth celebrating.

If you’ve been following this blog, you know the small steps I’ve taken on mostly relate to improving my health and losing excess weight. If I wait to celebrate until I reach my ideal weight, I’ll have a long wait.

I’m trying to celebrate, or at least acknowledge in some way, the little improvements I’m noticing. I’m not buying clothes in a smaller size, but the clothes I have are fitting better and I’ve even advance a hole on my belt. I’m feeling a little more energetic, which may be because spring is here, but I’ll take that with pleasure.

I encourage you to take notice of the little changes you’re seeing because of the small steps you’ve taken. It will give you a boost, help you stick to the changes you’ve made and help you commit to new small steps. Someday you may surprise yourself to discover that you’ve achieved those big goals you had in the back of your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment